Carbon Monoxide Detectors

0
672

Authorities in northwestern North Dakota say a couple from Las Vegas have been found dead in a camper with high levels of carbon monoxide.

The Williams County Sheriff’s Office says police were called Tuesday about a man and a woman found unresponsive in the camper parked in Williston.  Carbon monoxide levels in the camper were well above safe levels. Found dead were 45-year-old Jesse Parker and 46-year-old Michelle Parker.

It is the time of the year to be especially concerned about carbon monoxide detection. We recently spoke with Co-Fire Chief Marty Semanko and asked him about how carbon monoxide detectors should be used.

 

Chief Semanko suggested carbon monoxide detectors on each level of your home, especially in the furnace area. Groupings of bedrooms should also have their own detector.

 

We asked Semanko what to do in the event our CO2 detector goes off? He said to quickly check the building occupants, then either call Law Enforcement or the Thief River Falls Fire Department non-emergency number 218-681-3943

 

Ice fishermen should also install a battery-operated carbon monoxide detector before heading off to the lake.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here