Hwy 1 Roundabouts in TRF
- This week: Crews placed concrete at Brooks Avenue roundabout.
- Next week: Crews will begin paving from Kinney Ave through Brooks Ave roundabout to the NAPA entrance. They will also continue grading work from NAPA entrance to Westside Motors.
- Traffic Impacts: Sixth Street access closed off of Highways 1 and 59. Business access is maintained off of Ruby Ave for the north Frontage Road. Motorists will continue to use the detour onto 1st St W.
- Website: www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/2020/hwy1-roundabouts
Hwy 32 Resurface between TRF and St. Hilaire
- Detour is lifted. (Project complete).
- Website: www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/2020/hwy32-resurface
Hwy 1 Resurfacing east of TRF
- This project is scheduled to begin August 17. Crews will begin erosion control work on August 10. Traffic control message boards will go up next week.
- Expect an announcement next week of more detailed information.
Hwy 32 Roundabout at CR 8/Mark Blvd
- This week: Paving and signage was completed this week.
- Next week: Crews will begin pavement markings.
- Traffic Impacts: The roundabout will be open to traffic next week except for the east leg of CR 8.
- Website: www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/2020/hwy32-roundabout
CR 8/Mark Blvd route extension and roundabout
- This week: At the Challenger Elementary roundabout, crews worked on grading and installing curb and gutter. At the CR 8 bridge, crews have continued working on forming the deck.
- Next week: At the roundabout, curb and gutter will be installed as well as sidewalk and additional aggregate. At CR 8 bridge, crews will continue forming the deck of the bridge for the next few weeks.
- Traffic Impacts: The intersection at Pennington Ave near Challenger Elementary is currently closed and a detour is in place.
- Detour onto Greenwood St, Hwy 59 and 140th St NE (See picture below)
- Website: www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/2020/airport-road-roundabout
Red Lake Watershed
Westside flood damage reduction Projects
- Construct a diversion channel and drainage infrastructure on the west side of TRF. Underground storm sewer will be installed along Barzen Ave and Greenwood St, along with a new sanitary sewer
- This week: Crews continue to work their way north along CR 16 and should connect to the portion previously excavated by Hwy 1. They will be installing the box culvert through CR 61 early next week once they are finished on CR 62. That location will be closed for approximately one week. Excavation of the outlet channel, east of TH 32 is wrapping up.
- Next week: Continued excavation.
- Traffic Impacts: County Road 62 will be open by the beginning of next week. Shoulder closure along Greenwood St., Oakland park Rd., and Highway 32. Shoulder closure on the north side of Greenwood St. from TH 32 to Oakland Park Rd. Barzen Ave. between Technology St. and First St. is currently closed at the City’s request. That will remain in place next week.
- Website: www.mndot.gov/d2/projects/2020/westside-drainage-project
- Replace Hwy 1 culvert west of the intersection with Hwy 59
- This week: The box culvert has been installed. Zavoral is going to pave this section sometime next early week.
- Next week: Paving will begin next week.
- Traffic Impacts: Motorists on Highway 32 will use CR 14, CR 31 and Highway 59. Access to residences and businesses will be maintained. There is a gravel taper and bump over the culvert. Motorists are urged to drive slow and use caution in the area.
- Replace Hwy 32 culvert south of Pennington CR 7
- This week: Culvert installation is complete.
- Next week: The subcontractor will begin forming the inlet end section in the next few weeks.
- Traffic Impacts: There is a shoulder closure in place at the culvert on both sides.