Gov. Tim Walz announced a new set of COVID-19 restrictions tonight which will limit bars and restaurants as it closes fitness centers, entertainment venues and pauses youth sports.
The new restrictions include:
- Bars, restaurants, breweries, bowling alleys limited to only take-out and delivery service,
- Gyms and health clubs and indoor entertainment venues closed,
- Indoor and outdoor sports are suspended,
- In-person social gatherings outside of the household are prohibited,
- Wedding receptions, private parties and gatherings are paused.
The new measures go into effect at 11:59 p.m. Friday and last four weeks, until December 18th. Governor Walz said an extension is possible.